Visit North East
North East India Tourism & Travel Information
- News3 Day Long Sikkim Winter Carnival 2013 Kick Started
- NewsTourist arrivals down by 7pc
- NewsArunachal Pradesh taps religious segment
- NewsArunachal Pradesh to be major Religious Tourism destination in India: Chief Minister
- NewsIndian Ministry of Tourism is stepping up its efforts to target new tourism products
- NewsNepal eying to host international tennis
- NewsMukul wants M’laya to be New Year destination
- NewsSikkim Winter Carnival 2013: Core Committee Meeting Held At Capital
- NewsHornbill Festival reflects traditional and modern face of Nagaland
- News Paragliding to mountain biking: Sikkim winter carnival all set to host adventurous events
Situated at a distance of 51 kilometers, 75 kilometers and 69 kilometers from Darjeeling, Gangtok & Siliguri respectively, the town has an altitude of 1250 mount unlike the rush and the big name like Darjeeling, Kalimpong offers a quiet and relaxed holiday itinerary.
The Himalayan mountain peaks of mount Kanchenjunga, Kabru, Pandim, Sinolchu are clearly visible from Kalimpong.
- Tharpa Choling Monastery
- Zong Dog Palri Fobrang Monastery
- Tongsa Monastery
- Flower Nurseries
- Sericulture Research Institute
- Dr. Graham’s Homes
- Golf Course
- Nature Interpretation Centre
- Deolo, Durpin Dara View Point
- Gouripur Bhawan
- Kalimpong Arts & Crafts Centre
- Pedong are nearby tourist spot
By Air – The nearest airport is in Bagdogra which is 80 kilometers away from Kalimpong. Flight for Kolkata, Delhi, Guwahati, Patna are available from this airport.
By Rail – two closest major railway stations are Siliguri Junction (72 kilometers) and New Jalpaiguri (78 kilometers). These railway stations have direct connectivity to and from Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Guwahati etc.
By Road – Frequent bus and taxi service is available to and from Siliguri, Gangtok, Darjeeling, Lava, Loleygaon, Rishyap etc. from Kalimpong bus stand.
This place is also called as the ‘queen of the hills’. This place is invariably a paradise for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
Kaziranga National Park is a Oldest and the most famous sanctuary in Assam bounded by the Brahmaputra river and the Mikir hills in the Golaghat...
Sundarban spreading over an area of 4, 120 square kilometers including water was measured to be 16,000 square kilometers some 200 years ago
Welcome to Visit North East North East Part of India is a travellers delight. North East India consists Indian states of Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim & West Bengal. Although West Bengal is officialy is not a part of North East India, but is the gateway of accessing Read More
Nathu La Nathu La pass is situated around 60 kilometers from Gangtok at an altitude of 4,310 meters / 14,140 feet. The road to Nathu La passes through the Tsomgo Lake is nearly 2 hours drive. The terms ‘Nathu’ and ‘La’ literally mean listening ears and pass respectively in Tibetan language. In 1961, Read More
Tsomgo Lake Tsomgo Lake or Changu Lake is famous tourist an attraction in Sikkim is nearly 42 kilometers from the state capital Gangtok. It is situated at an altitude of nearly 3780 meters / 12,400 feet. The Lake known as The Source of the Lake in Bhutia dialect is ideally located near the Nathu La pass. The lake Read More