Visit North East
North East India Tourism & Travel Information
- News3 Day Long Sikkim Winter Carnival 2013 Kick Started
- NewsTourist arrivals down by 7pc
- NewsArunachal Pradesh taps religious segment
- NewsArunachal Pradesh to be major Religious Tourism destination in India: Chief Minister
- NewsIndian Ministry of Tourism is stepping up its efforts to target new tourism products
- NewsNepal eying to host international tennis
- NewsMukul wants M’laya to be New Year destination
- NewsHornbill Festival reflects traditional and modern face of Nagaland
- NewsSikkim Winter Carnival 2013: Core Committee Meeting Held At Capital
- News Paragliding to mountain biking: Sikkim winter carnival all set to host adventurous events
Kulik Bird Sanctuary
Situated at a distance of 8 kilometers from Raiganj, and 85 kilometers from Malda is spread over an area of 35 acre and buffer area of 286.23 acre. This bird sanctuary is a natural habitat for Open Bill Stork, Night Heron, Cormorant, Egrets, Kingfisher, Woodpeckers, Barbets, Jackal, Bengal Fox, Mongoose, monitor Lizard etc. It is basically a Deciduous Forests Situated in the district with an area of 35 acre and buffer area of 286.23 acre. The forest, water bodies and the river attract the migratory birds but there do exist the local birds like dove, bulbul, sparrow, king fisher, woodpeckers, owl, duck & cuckoo.
- Sap nikla forest is 22 km from Islampur
- Temple of Goddess Bhairabi at Bindole.
- Mosque of Burhana fakir
- Temple of Goddess Kali of Baira.
- Kunore-famous for terracotta pottery & Malgaon.
- Museum at Karnajora.
- Park at Karnajora.
- Banabithi Resort at Barui, Barduari.
- Farm-House at Samaspur, Hemtabad
- Adina Dear Park
By Air – Raiganj is 430 kilometers, 5 to 6 hours drive by road to Netaji Subhas Bose International airport in Kolkata and 180 kilometers, 3 to 4 hours drive by road Bagdogra Airport in Siliguri.
By Rail – Raiganj is a small station of Northeastern Frontier Railway (Indian Railway). 76 kilometers is the nearest convenient railhead i.e. Malda connected with all the major cities in India. Long distance trains are frequently available from Malda and are one hour drive by road from Raiganj.
By Road – Good motor able roads connect Raijang in National Highway number NH-34 with Calcutta, 425 kilometers. It is nearly 5 – to 6 hours drive by road to either Siliguri or Kolkata. Direct bus service is available for Siliguri, Kolkata, Balurghat, Cooch Behar, Jalpaiguri etc.
This place is also called as the ‘queen of the hills’. This place is invariably a paradise for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
Kaziranga National Park is a Oldest and the most famous sanctuary in Assam bounded by the Brahmaputra river and the Mikir hills in the Golaghat...
Sundarban spreading over an area of 4, 120 square kilometers including water was measured to be 16,000 square kilometers some 200 years ago
Welcome to Visit North East North East Part of India is a travellers delight. North East India consists Indian states of Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim & West Bengal. Although West Bengal is officialy is not a part of North East India, but is the gateway of accessing Read More
Nathu La Nathu La pass is situated around 60 kilometers from Gangtok at an altitude of 4,310 meters / 14,140 feet. The road to Nathu La passes through the Tsomgo Lake is nearly 2 hours drive. The terms ‘Nathu’ and ‘La’ literally mean listening ears and pass respectively in Tibetan language. In 1961, Read More
Tsomgo Lake Tsomgo Lake or Changu Lake is famous tourist an attraction in Sikkim is nearly 42 kilometers from the state capital Gangtok. It is situated at an altitude of nearly 3780 meters / 12,400 feet. The Lake known as The Source of the Lake in Bhutia dialect is ideally located near the Nathu La pass. The lake Read More