Visit North East
North East India Tourism & Travel Information
- News3 Day Long Sikkim Winter Carnival 2013 Kick Started
- NewsTourist arrivals down by 7pc
- NewsArunachal Pradesh taps religious segment
- NewsArunachal Pradesh to be major Religious Tourism destination in India: Chief Minister
- NewsIndian Ministry of Tourism is stepping up its efforts to target new tourism products
- NewsNepal eying to host international tennis
- NewsMukul wants M’laya to be New Year destination
- NewsHornbill Festival reflects traditional and modern face of Nagaland
- NewsSikkim Winter Carnival 2013: Core Committee Meeting Held At Capital
- News Paragliding to mountain biking: Sikkim winter carnival all set to host adventurous events
Nameri National Park
Nameri National Park is situated at a distance of 35 kms from Tezpur in the Sonitpur district of Assam in North East India. Nameri National Park shares its northern boundary with Pakhui Wildlife Sanctuary in Arunachal Pradesh.. Total area of Nameri National Park is of approx 200 Square Kms.
One can enjoy river rafting in the Jia Bhoroli River passing through the National Park or can enjoy angling Golden Mahseer in the river. The park is home to large variety of flora and fauna.
Nameri Eco camp can organize river rafting for you. The route is around 18KMs (duration 2-3 hrs) on quiet and serene Jia Bhoroli. You can also combine your rafting with a picnic (duration 4-5 hrs in this case) on the banks of Jia Bhoroli in between the rafting. This is one of the best activities you can do in entire Assam.
This is excellent elephant country it was considered to be an elephant reserve. It is also an ideal habitat for a host of other animals including -
- The Tiger
- Dhole (the Asiatic wild dog)
- Pygmy Hog
- Wild Boar
- Sloth Bear
- Himalayan Black Bear
Nameri is a birder's paradise with over 300 species of birds. Specially -
- The white winged wood duck
- Great Pied Hornbill
- Wreathed Hornbill
- Rufous Necked Hornbill
- Black Stork
- Ibis Bill
- Blue-bearded Bee-eaters
- Plovers and many other birds make Nameri its home.
How to Reach
From Tezpur one can hire a private cab (Tata Indica) to reach Nameri Eco Camp. Budget travelers can take a shared taxi (Tata Ace Magic) to Balipara located around 20KMs from Tezpur A.S.T.C (bus stand). From Balipara, Nameri is another 15KMs. You can get to shared taxis from Balipara for Nameri.
This place is also called as the ‘queen of the hills’. This place is invariably a paradise for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
Kaziranga National Park is a Oldest and the most famous sanctuary in Assam bounded by the Brahmaputra river and the Mikir hills in the Golaghat...
Sundarban spreading over an area of 4, 120 square kilometers including water was measured to be 16,000 square kilometers some 200 years ago
Welcome to Visit North East North East Part of India is a travellers delight. North East India consists Indian states of Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim & West Bengal. Although West Bengal is officialy is not a part of North East India, but is the gateway of accessing Read More
Nathu La Nathu La pass is situated around 60 kilometers from Gangtok at an altitude of 4,310 meters / 14,140 feet. The road to Nathu La passes through the Tsomgo Lake is nearly 2 hours drive. The terms ‘Nathu’ and ‘La’ literally mean listening ears and pass respectively in Tibetan language. In 1961, Read More
Tsomgo Lake Tsomgo Lake or Changu Lake is famous tourist an attraction in Sikkim is nearly 42 kilometers from the state capital Gangtok. It is situated at an altitude of nearly 3780 meters / 12,400 feet. The Lake known as The Source of the Lake in Bhutia dialect is ideally located near the Nathu La pass. The lake Read More