Visit North East
North East India Tourism & Travel Information
- News3 Day Long Sikkim Winter Carnival 2013 Kick Started
- NewsIndian Ministry of Tourism is stepping up its efforts to target new tourism products
- NewsTourist arrivals down by 7pc
- NewsArunachal Pradesh taps religious segment
- NewsArunachal Pradesh to be major Religious Tourism destination in India: Chief Minister
- NewsNepal eying to host international tennis
- NewsMukul wants M’laya to be New Year destination
- NewsHornbill Festival reflects traditional and modern face of Nagaland
- NewsSikkim Winter Carnival 2013: Core Committee Meeting Held At Capital
- News Paragliding to mountain biking: Sikkim winter carnival all set to host adventurous events
Tea Tourism or Home Stay at Tea gardens
Two leaves and a bud… yeah that’s what teas are made up off. Enjoy the sheer pleasure of Tea Tourism. Tea & tourism festival is held annually in Dooars and other parts of the district in the state of West Bengal. Visit to Tea Factory and enjoy the pleasure of watching tea being made; With acres of rolling tea bush and forest, Rivers and valley, Himalayan sunrise, Wildlife with diversified flora and Fauna, Home stay with tea planters, Tea Tasting sessions.
Experience and learn the fascinating process of tea making. We offer tea tourism in this region, Tea Tourism Sessions for College students. Tea Tour can be a life time experience which can be extended from 2 nights – 15 nights. World famous Darjeeling tea plantations, Assam Tea Estates, Aromatic Tea produced at Dooars Tea Gardens dated back to the mid 1800s as part of a British development of the area are basically the economic back bone of this entire North Eastern Region.
The tea growers from this area developed distinctive hybrids of tea and fermenting techniques, with many blends considered among the world’s finest. Now there are nearly a 80 gardens in the Darjeeling district which produces orthodox Darjeeling Teas, a few of them spcializes in organic Farming. Each tea garden is producing its own distinct tea and flavor. Given below are the brief descriptions about some of those gardens which have Tea Tourism facilities.
Activities in and around Tea Estate
- Walk through the bio degradable tea Estate
- Enjoy the way you see tea beings plucked with the staff
- Visit the home of workers for Tea and learn about their lives
- Watch tea processing in the factory
- Take a guided tour to nearby places
- Take a guided trek through the Estate
- Visit the sunrise and sunset points
- Most have library with nice collection of books, etc.
- Some of the garden has provisions for tennis / badminton / Golf
- Classes are arranged by us
- Student Training Groups are organized (7 - 20 Days Program)
- Low and high altitude treks with local guides
- Indoor Games with some gardens
This place is also called as the ‘queen of the hills’. This place is invariably a paradise for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
Kaziranga National Park is a Oldest and the most famous sanctuary in Assam bounded by the Brahmaputra river and the Mikir hills in the Golaghat...
Sundarban spreading over an area of 4, 120 square kilometers including water was measured to be 16,000 square kilometers some 200 years ago
Welcome to Visit North East North East Part of India is a travellers delight. North East India consists Indian states of Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim & West Bengal. Although West Bengal is officialy is not a part of North East India, but is the gateway of accessing Read More
Nathu La Nathu La pass is situated around 60 kilometers from Gangtok at an altitude of 4,310 meters / 14,140 feet. The road to Nathu La passes through the Tsomgo Lake is nearly 2 hours drive. The terms ‘Nathu’ and ‘La’ literally mean listening ears and pass respectively in Tibetan language. In 1961, Read More
Tsomgo Lake Tsomgo Lake or Changu Lake is famous tourist an attraction in Sikkim is nearly 42 kilometers from the state capital Gangtok. It is situated at an altitude of nearly 3780 meters / 12,400 feet. The Lake known as The Source of the Lake in Bhutia dialect is ideally located near the Nathu La pass. The lake Read More