Visit North East
North East India Tourism & Travel Information
- News3 Day Long Sikkim Winter Carnival 2013 Kick Started
- NewsTourist arrivals down by 7pc
- NewsArunachal Pradesh taps religious segment
- NewsArunachal Pradesh to be major Religious Tourism destination in India: Chief Minister
- NewsIndian Ministry of Tourism is stepping up its efforts to target new tourism products
- NewsNepal eying to host international tennis
- NewsMukul wants M’laya to be New Year destination
- NewsSikkim Winter Carnival 2013: Core Committee Meeting Held At Capital
- NewsHornbill Festival reflects traditional and modern face of Nagaland
- News Paragliding to mountain biking: Sikkim winter carnival all set to host adventurous events
Tezpur is a captivating town, 190 kms North East of Guwahati, with its superb scenic wealth and ancient monuments. Tezpur is a municipal board and the district headquarters of Sonitpur district of Assam in North East India. Tezpur is a ancient city on the right banks of the River Brahmaputra, it has a lake within the town which is a major attraction.
Tezpur is often called as the Cultural Capital of Assam. Many historical ruins are available till date. Tezpur is also a major tea and tourist centre of Assam.
By AIR: Regular flight service is available to Kolkata from Tezpur Airport
By Road: Tezpur is well connected by Bus with different parts of Assam. A good number of buses plying between Tezpur and Siliguri, Guwahati, Itanagar, Bomdila, Sibsagar etc.
By Train: Tezpur does not have extensive rail connectivity and it is connected only to Rangiya and Rangapara stations. However trains are not frequent and this may not be feasible. The most suitable option is to take a train to the city of Guwahati
- Agnigarh Fort
- Bamuni Hollows
- Hazara Tank
- Da-Parbatia Ruins
- Cole Park
- Mahabhairab Temple
- Tea gardens surrounding the city
- Nameri National Park (35 kms from Tezpur)
- Orang (Rajeev Gandhi) Wildlife Sanctuary (31 kms from Tezpur)
- Bhalukpong (60 kms from Tezpur)
This place is also called as the ‘queen of the hills’. This place is invariably a paradise for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
Kaziranga National Park is a Oldest and the most famous sanctuary in Assam bounded by the Brahmaputra river and the Mikir hills in the Golaghat...
Sundarban spreading over an area of 4, 120 square kilometers including water was measured to be 16,000 square kilometers some 200 years ago
Welcome to Visit North East North East Part of India is a travellers delight. North East India consists Indian states of Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim & West Bengal. Although West Bengal is officialy is not a part of North East India, but is the gateway of accessing Read More
Nathu La Nathu La pass is situated around 60 kilometers from Gangtok at an altitude of 4,310 meters / 14,140 feet. The road to Nathu La passes through the Tsomgo Lake is nearly 2 hours drive. The terms ‘Nathu’ and ‘La’ literally mean listening ears and pass respectively in Tibetan language. In 1961, Read More
Tsomgo Lake Tsomgo Lake or Changu Lake is famous tourist an attraction in Sikkim is nearly 42 kilometers from the state capital Gangtok. It is situated at an altitude of nearly 3780 meters / 12,400 feet. The Lake known as The Source of the Lake in Bhutia dialect is ideally located near the Nathu La pass. The lake Read More