Visit North East
North East India Tourism & Travel Information
- News3 Day Long Sikkim Winter Carnival 2013 Kick Started
- NewsIndian Ministry of Tourism is stepping up its efforts to target new tourism products
- NewsTourist arrivals down by 7pc
- NewsArunachal Pradesh taps religious segment
- NewsArunachal Pradesh to be major Religious Tourism destination in India: Chief Minister
- NewsNepal eying to host international tennis
- NewsMukul wants M’laya to be New Year destination
- NewsHornbill Festival reflects traditional and modern face of Nagaland
- NewsSikkim Winter Carnival 2013: Core Committee Meeting Held At Capital
- News Paragliding to mountain biking: Sikkim winter carnival all set to host adventurous events
Another destination of Manipur, Ukhrul is 83 kilometers east of Imphal, is the highest hill - station of Manipur. Siroi hills and KhangKhui lime caves are excellent excursion destinations and can be covered within a day. The colourful Tangkhul Nagas habituate this land of the siroi and lilies, which are simply beautiful. The Khayang peak is at an elevation of 3114 meters and is the highest peak of this region, Shirui Kashung Peak is the next highest peak of height 2,835 meters and both these peaks are ideal for trekking and viewing. This district is the home of the Tangkhul Nagas. They form the majority ethnic group and are known for their hospitality, honesty and hardworking nature.
- Warrior tribe Tangkhul Nagas,
- Shirui Kashung (Shiroi Peak)
- The floral garden of Shirui Lily
- Khankhui Cave
- Hundung Mangva Cave
- Dilily Water Fall near Khayang Phungtha
- Azoa Jenephiu Magi Lake near Kachouphung
- Saline Springs
- Longpi Pottery at Longpi
- Khayang Peak
- Nillai Tea Estate on the way to Tolloi
- MATA Industrial Complex, Lungpha
By Air – Ukhrul is 85 kilometers east of Imphal. Imphal is connected by air with Kolkata and New Delhi. Indian Airlines, Jet Airways connects Imphal to Delhi, 4 hours Journey. Imphal to Kolkata is 1 hour, Aizwal 30 minutes, Jorhat 35 minutes and Silchar is 30 minutes. Guwahati is the major airport 50 minutes flight from Imphal.
By Rail – Ukhrul is 85 kilometers east of Imphal. Nearest railway station is Dimapur and Manipur Road on the North East Frontier Railway (NEF) nearly 215 kilometers from Imphal. Another railway station is in Jiribam 225 kilometers from Imphal. Or travelers can travel up to Guwahati (nearest major rail head from Imphal) by bus or by air.
By Road – Ukhrul is 85 kilometers east of Imphal. Imphal is connected by road with Dimapur by National Highway 39 and Silchar by National Highway 53. Bus services are available and private vehicles are also available. One can reach Dimapur from Imphal 215 kilometers on National Highway 39 or Guwahati from Imphal nearly 500 kilometers along National Highway 39. Silchar is also connected to Imphal by a 10 hours drive by bus.
This place is also called as the ‘queen of the hills’. This place is invariably a paradise for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
Kaziranga National Park is a Oldest and the most famous sanctuary in Assam bounded by the Brahmaputra river and the Mikir hills in the Golaghat...
Sundarban spreading over an area of 4, 120 square kilometers including water was measured to be 16,000 square kilometers some 200 years ago
Welcome to Visit North East North East Part of India is a travellers delight. North East India consists Indian states of Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim & West Bengal. Although West Bengal is officialy is not a part of North East India, but is the gateway of accessing Read More
Nathu La Nathu La pass is situated around 60 kilometers from Gangtok at an altitude of 4,310 meters / 14,140 feet. The road to Nathu La passes through the Tsomgo Lake is nearly 2 hours drive. The terms ‘Nathu’ and ‘La’ literally mean listening ears and pass respectively in Tibetan language. In 1961, Read More
Tsomgo Lake Tsomgo Lake or Changu Lake is famous tourist an attraction in Sikkim is nearly 42 kilometers from the state capital Gangtok. It is situated at an altitude of nearly 3780 meters / 12,400 feet. The Lake known as The Source of the Lake in Bhutia dialect is ideally located near the Nathu La pass. The lake Read More